I've made this bread for several potlucks lately, pairing it with an olive and balsamic tapenade, and it's been a hit. Definitely satisfies the craving for bread. Make sure to use a good olive oil and coarse sea salt - enjoy :)
Gluten and Dairy Free Focaccia Bread
3 1/4 cups gf flour
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1 tsp xanthum gum
1/4 cup dry milk powder, dairy or non-dairy OR almond meal
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
2 large eggs
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp honey
1 3/4 cup room temperature club soda
1 tbsp rapid rise or bread machine yeast
1-2 tbsp chopped, fresh rosemary
1 tbsp coarse sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 200 – turn off once temp is reached.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix wet ingredients (except yeast)
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet using a mixer. Once incorporated, add the yeast granules and beat well for 2 more minutes.
5. Line a baking pan with a sheet of oiled parchment paper.
6. Spread dough onto prepared pan. Smooth to edges evenly with a rubber spatula, sprinkle with toppings, then cover with another sheet of oiled parchment.
7. Place the pan into the preheated oven and allow to rise for 30 min.
8. Remove the parchment from the raised dough and press into the focaccia every 2 inches or so with your knuckle, to make dimples.
9. Preheat oven to 350.
10. Brush the top of the dough generously with olive oil.
11. Bake for 23 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the focaccia should come out clean and it should be starting to lightly brown.
12. Remove to a cooling rack for 15 min then slice as desired.